SUBSTANCE ABUSE CENTER
Who is the program for?
Our program is designed for adults who are dealing with a chemical dependency and/or gambling problems. The following details are just a few of the reasons one might enter our IOP program:
- You are looking for an individualized treatment experience in a discreet setting.
- You are in recovery and in need of support and stabiliation.
- You have a Court Mandate to attend an outpatient treatment program.
- You have had a recent relapse and/or need increased outpatient support.
- You were in an inpatient treatment facility and need housing.
- To make that initial bid for recovery without entering an inpatient program.
The program consists of individual and group counseling services designed to help support your recovery efforts. The group will cover the following areas of treatment, with additional content that will be added to address the unique needs of group members. In other words, the group remains fluid, as opposed to a scripted process that may or may not meet the needs of the existing group members. The following are just some of the types of issues covered:
- Re-establishing or maintaining family relationships that support your recovery
- Relapse prevention
- Developing a solid base of self-esteem
- Developing leisure activities without the use of drugs or alcohol
- Learning healthy boundaries
- Finding a comfortable spiritual path
- Learning to express your feeling and needs, so that you need not mask feelings with substances
Weekly individual sessions will be scheduled each week to help you address aspects of your recovery that may need special attention.
Too often clergy and physicians, religion and science, are ships passing in the night. When we separate the worlds of medicine and spiritualilty, we deny a host of individuals help that may aid their recovery and ease their pain. This is especially true with respect to substance abuse and addiction. - Columbia University